What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
– Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places
– Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
– Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities
– Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities
– Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being
How do we accomplish this mission? See how LISC works.
We envision a future in which every low- and moderate-income community has the opportunity to thrive.
Guided by a goal to foster socially and economically vibrant neighborhoods with living-wage jobs, thriving local businesses, quality housing options and reliable transportation, we rely on the collective wisdom of those who know their neighborhoods best. Equally important, we seek to ensure that as neighborhoods improve, current residents are empowered to stay and contribute to the future of their communities.
In support of this vision, LISC Chicago works with our partners to help remove the underlying regulatory, cultural and financial barriers that too often impede both individual and community progress.
Relationships – We establish and maintain respectful, reciprocal relationships rooted in integrity, accountability and trust.
Stewardship – We are innovative, flexible and responsible in our management and investment of resources.
Coordinated Action – We support community institutions and leaders to transform locally developed goals into visible, positive change for people and places.
Commitment – We invest in our local partners and believe sustainable community development takes time, talent, and leadership.
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Tax Credits
- Budget, Cash Flow and Financial Statements Training