Near South Planning Board
Primary service area is Jackson Boulevard to the north, Dan Ryan to the west, 35th Street to the south and Lake Michigan to the east. While these are NSPB’s “official” boundaries, our focus can extend further south and west to include areas such as Hyde Park and Pilsen if requested.
As one of the City of Chicago’s delegate agencies in the Neighborhood Business Development Center Program (NBDC), NSPB works to attract and retain businesses by serving as a facilitator and by providing resources, referrals, permit assistance, marketing and other educational programs.
- Develop the economic, social, physical and cultural resources of the area.
- Create and support a thriving business environment.
- Stimulate and coordinate plans of the City, organizations and individuals for the improvement of the area.
- Develop relationships with the community and the metropolitan area as a whole.
- Promote the Near South as a safe and desirable area for commercial, retail, institutional, residential and open space development.
Events and Community Building
- Neighborhood Fairs and Festivals
- Leadership/Professional Development
Marketing and Sales
- Advertising/Brochure Design
- Conference/Meeting and Event Space
- Office Space
- Retail Space
- Site Location Assistance