International Trade Association of Greater Chicago
Founded in 1978, the International Trade Association of Greater Chicago (ITA/GC) is a not-for- profit, 501(c)6 voluntary business association dedicated to promoting international commerce in all its forms.
The ITA/GC provides a forum for the exchange of practical information and insight within the international business community. Members share interests in import and export matters, in international investment, alliance, and licensing opportunities, and – in the broader sense – doing business across the world.
The ITA/GC’s focus is on practicality: on building knowledge and enabling relationships that help people conduct international commerce. While our scope of interest is diverse – all aspects of trading and commercial activity across all geographies and all industries – our work is simple: to help others gain understanding that is personal, current and actionable.In addition to the seminars and panel discussions we organize throughout the year, we produce and distribute the well-known Illinois International Business Calendar to help promote a range of programs that we sponsor directly or co-sponsor, as well as unaffiliated events of interest to members and other international business professionals. The Association also sponsors several social events throughout the year where members enjoy additional networking opportunities. All of our programs and events are open to the public.
- Identification and Research of Foreign Markets
Import and Export Assistance
- Certification and Licensing
- Financial Assistance for Exporting Activities
- Identification/Research of Foreign Markets
- Locating Foreign Distributors
- Networking/Exploring Exporting
- Trade Education and Training
Networking and Associations
- International Trade
Operations and Logistics
- Locating Freight Forwarders/Customs Brokers
- International Regulatory Compliance
Selling to the Government and Large Corporations
- Selling to Foreign Governments and Businesses
- International Trade Education and Training