Small Business Administration (SBA)
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts, and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following briefly describes services and information available through our office:
- Free counseling, advice, and information on starting a business are available through SCORE: Counselors to America\’s Small Business.
- Illinois Small Business Development Centers are one of the SBA\’s resource partners and are located throughout the state and provide information, confidential business guidance, training, and other resources for start-ups and existing small businesses. Find a center near you: Illinois Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) – First Stop.
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area banks and non-bank lenders. For questions or additional information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (312) 353-4528 and ask to speak with one of our Lender Relations Specialists.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise Development Program. Orientation workshops for the 8(a) Program are held the third Wednesday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Please visit our Illinois District Office Events Calendar or call (312) 353-4528 to register for a free seminar or to obtain additional information.
- Speakers to inform the small business community about our loan programs, services, resources, and partners available in Illinois. To contact the Illinois District Office about a speaker for your group or event, please call our office at (312) 353-4528 or email your request to email@example.com.
- Analyze needs
- Apply for a loan
- Improve marketing
- Develop partners