Uptown Business Center
The Uptown Business Center (UBC) is managed by Uptown United, and aims to support new and existing Chicago-based business owners with licensing, permitting, and additional specialized business assistance in collaboration with the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), local Chambers, and community partners. In total, there are 8 community Chicago Business Centers located throughout the city.
Whether you are in the “idea stage” of opening a business for the first time or an experienced owner, the Uptown Business Center is here to assist you with:
- Business planning
- City of Chicago licensing and permitting
- Financing assistance
- New and existing business owners and entrepreneurs within the East-West boundaries of Lake Shore Drive to the Chicago River, and North-South boundaries of Lincoln Park to Rogers Park.
- Create business plan (Specialty)
- Secure licenses (Specialty)
- Buy or rent space (Specialty)
- Analyze needs (Specialty)
- Apply for a grant (Specialty)
- Improve marketing (Specialty)
- Update business plan (Specialty)
- Write handbook (Specialty)